GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed the WOT defeat plug a couple of years ago and now due the 5 year coolant change at the dealer. Is it better to leave the WOT defeat plug in place (concerned they may remove it and throw it away and install a new sensor) or take out the defeat plug and reinstall the old sensor (concerned this might cause a latched code that I will have to pay for in addition to the coolant change)? Has anyone reinstalled the old sensor before dealer servicing without any problems? Any thoughts on the best option?

Mike

·
Administrator
20,022 Posts
Your choice. I left mine in. The chances that the dealer tech will do any checking under the coolant tank and remove the sensor to see what model is being used is slim to none I think. That would be way beyond the call of duty.

Reactions: Btravelen

·
Registered
505 Posts
I think I had the defeat plug installed but then put the original sensor back before going in for the coolant change. After the coolant change I decided to just leave the original sensor in place. It was a little tricky getting the sensor re-installed but eventually it fit.

If you decide to do this, refer to the instruction sheet concerning disconnecting the 12V battery. You want to follow the sequence described so no codes are set. In my case, none were.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
is there any opinion on the defeat plug sold by canbustools.com?
I bought one, it's very well made, was easy to install, and it works fine. That's my opinion.

Reactions: Btravelen
1 - 5 of 5 Posts