GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Here are some cool Ampera E videos I dug up on YouTube. We all know the Bolt and the Ampera E are the same car so here's some candy for your eyes. I think the Bolt program director needs to hire Opel's marketing department!!
Thanks for posting those videos. Here is a video of a first drive review. Narrative begins at about 4 minutes.

I love how they describe regenerative braking as "turning the motor into a dynamo".
Perfectly reasonable.
Dynamo
noun, plural dynamos.
1. an electric generator, especially for direct current.
2. an energetic, hard working, forceful person.

KNS

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
How would one go about getting that front grill? The electric bolt badge is so much nicer than the chevy logo! :D

1. Buy one from a European Opel dealer
  2. Buy one from a European junkyard with a rear-ended Opel Ampera-e

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
These remind me of what car commercials used to be - you know, actually describing your product's features and trying to sell it.
Not silly gimmicks and scenarios.

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Dynamo
noun, plural dynamos.
1. an electric generator, especially for direct current.
2. an energetic, hard working, forceful person.

KNS

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Sooooo, how is GM going to sell AmperaE in Europe? They moved the Chevrolet brand out of Europe a few years ago?
It's just a change in accounting. Instead of GM NA wholesaling cars to GM Europe, it wholesales them to PSA until PSA decides they want to cancel the line. IIRC, GM Europe was legally a subsidiary company, not technically part of GM NA, so that profits there didn't have to be report could stay in Europe and not be taxed again in the US.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Apparently, GM isn't serious with AmperaE:

GM already didn't bring Volt2 to Europe and now this.

·
Administrator
20,351 Posts
Apparently, GM isn't serious with AmperaE:
GM already didn't bring Volt2 to Europe and now this.
The video says "GM has said it's loosing money on the Bolt EV" This often repeated claim is never backed up with a link to GM actually saying this.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I've seen an Autoline network report from a company, that disect cars and puts a price tag on every part it is made of, that GM loses about 7500 us dollars on every BoltEV sold.
If you search Youtube for Autoline network BMW i3 afterhours, you'll see how they do it.

Edit: this is it: https://youtu.be/MQD_Qf5NE-I

1 - 20 of 32 Posts