GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The original tires would spin from a start pretty frequently. I've had to brake hard a few times in wet weather and the tires would skid as well. These new Continental Pure Contact with Eco-Plus Tech tires made a world of difference, I feel much more confident now...highly recommended.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Same here......the Michelin Premiers that I put on have been awesome......I did take a hit in the range for the first few months (lost about 5 miles of range)...but it steadily came back thereafter.......How's your range?

·
Registered
648 Posts
I saved about a hundred bucks by going with General Altimax RT-43, V rated. Lost about 3 miles range, negligible. 65000 mile tires, they get great reviews in snow. So far I'm happy. They're pretty quiet, handle well, and do well in pouring rain.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've had my Pure Contact's for about 7,000 miles and would also buy them again.

Everything is better than OEM tires except for range. I'm sure that will improve once the extremely thick treadblock wears down a little.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
So far I am quite pleased with the factory installed Michelin Energy Saver AS tires on our 2016 Volt. I also have a set on my 2010 Prius. Of all the tires available in the U.S. the Energy Saver AS I believe is #1 for fuel economy and they are quiet and handle well for all around driving. The last set of Energy Saver AS tires on our 2010 Prius lasted 67,000 miles, and obtained the absolute best mpg than any other tire available in the U.S. If there is another tire better, at least in MPG's, please let us know....

·
Registered
18 Posts
For me it is not all about MPGs. As my high school physics teacher Mr. Kim told me, when driving, the most important force is k. (The coefficient of Friction). Grippy brakes and tires save lives. MPGs do not.

My 2013 still has the OEM Goodyears pumped up to 43 psi - i am going to drop it down to what's on the door jamb for a few days to see how it impacts my range.

I prefer Michelins myself - always have had the best combo of grip, noise and durability for my $$. will look at the Contis when the time comes.

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Costco has a pretty good deal for Michelin tires. If you are an executive member and go on line you can get 4 Michelin tires for $70.00 off and there is a code during checkout for free mounting and balance, another $60.00, saved. So total saved $130.00. That what I did when I got my set of Energy Saver AS for our 2010 Prius. Tires are shipped free to you nearest Costco as well. Heck of a deal...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts