GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replace my Michelin OEM tires on my 2017 Volt. They had 29K miles but only had 2/32" tread left on the front and 3-4/32" on the rear and the measurements were consistent all the way across each tire. These wore worst then any other tire that I've owned. I'm not sure if it's the tire or the Volt's acceleration curve.

I chose the Continental tires as a replacement based on this forum and the reviews on Tire Rack. It was between these and the Yokohama Avid Ascend GT's. I chose the Continental because of more reviews and a subjectively higher rating in snow on the Tire Rack reviews. I plan on moving out of California but am not sure where yet but there might be snow. These seem to be very close in performance otherwise so spent about $30 more to get the Continental. They seem fine so far.

·
Registered
2018 Chevy Volt Premier
45 Posts
I have Continental Extreme Contacts on my Bonneville GXP and really like them. Are the Continentals quieter than you stock Michelins? Did you notice any mileage range drop?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're definitely not noisier than stock and might be a bit quieter. I haven't run enough miles yet to determine a range drop. I'm expecting a mileage drop since any new tire will do that but would much rather have a minor range drop than a safety issue if the pavement gets wet.
I have Continental Extreme Contacts on my Bonneville GXP and really like them. Are the Continentals quieter than you stock Michelins? Did you notice any mileage range drop?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I didn't notice a range drop after replacing my OEM Michelins with these exact tires. But that doesn't mean there wasn't a small change that I didn't notice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts