GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Paraphrasing the narrator... "Long road trips a problem." Say what? Maybe for the Leaf.

Geez, somebody needs to do their homework.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Paraphrasing the narrator... "Long road trips a problem." Say what? Maybe for the Leaf.
I don't recall any particular problems on either the short 1100 mile trip or the somewhat long 3500 mile trip. How far do we have to go for this guy to consider it "long"?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Is there a place to comment? I don't even want to give USA Today a bump on their hit counter by going to the article unless I can blast them.
USA Today, CR, etc...

All GM hating mass media.

·
Administrator
20,023 Posts
This is an Associated Press syndicated report available all over the web, not exclusive to USA Today. Google "Are Electric Cars Worth the Price?". Here it is on YouTube with plenty of comments and no ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO2Z9ybJJaY To his credit, the CR guy does allow that even with the increase in home electric bill, it will be a savings over the gas it replaces.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Isn't that the George from here?
He did a great job, but the narrator was either misinformed or highly biased. There was NO mention of the Volts range extender in the video.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Another great example of poor reporting based on either bias, misinformation or just a lack of knowledge. If the reporter reports all news stories with as little research, then no wonder no one trust the news media. This is just stupid news reporting. We have grown used to seeing it. But seeing it does not mean we have to like it.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Wow, I didn't know that buying a Volt

would cause my electricity bill to double?

Hmmm, let's do the math on that. Let's call it 13kwh to charge from fully depleted and 30 days in a month....Hmm, that's 390 kwhs. And let's see looking at my last bill to see if how much I consumed was more or less than 390 kwhs.... What the heck? This guy from Consumer Reports doesn't know WTF he is talking about!!!!!!! Double my electricity bill, my big, white hairy ass!

Of course, the AP dude just re-gurgitated that these cars will double your electricity bill in his report and caption on the video. Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!:mad:

Oh well, the truth will win out in the end. In the meantime I will just have to console myself regarding my poor decision to buy the Volt. The 1,200 MPG since I brought it home does help at least a little bit in that regard but I'm really scared of my next electric bill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts