GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have had the car for about a month and just a couple of days the center stack is making a kinda of a fan sound like something you would hear when a computer is on. It is always making the sound even when its turned off and when im driving.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
open the hood when you hear the noise those times the car is off and see if you can pin-point the area.

Check the FAQ on VOLT sounds there are a few that will catch a new owner off guard.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Volt Sound From Center Stack( with video)

sorry for re post i just wanted video in the title. I have had the car for about a month and just a couple of days the center stack is making a kinda of a fan sound like something you would hear when a computer is on. It is always making the sound even when its turned off and while im driving.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Mine makes a similar sound but only for 10 or 15 seconds then goes away. What's odd is it didnt' start making that noise until about 6 or 7 months ago. When I first bought our 2012 Volt in March 2012 and I got in and pressed the ON button after the logon whooshing sound the car was DEAD slient (minus HVAC or audio) but if they were OFF the car made NO NOISE.

Now it does. ODD, but it doesn't seem to indicate anything is wrong, or at least I don't feel compelled to take it to the dealer.

·
Administrator
20,646 Posts
I'd say the sound indicates something is running (and using juice), or something has become disconnected/open allowing the sound to travel.

I'd have the dealer look into it. It's not normal.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Does your 2012 volt have HDD for radio with time shift/pause? The sound might be from the rotating HDD. I can hear it in my 2011 when environment is very quiet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts