GM Volt Forum banner

Congratulations, Sparkie! First Volt to 100,000 miles on Voltstats.net

6475 11
I checked voltstats.net this morning and Sparkie's Volt has now reached 100,086.20 miles. Congratulations on being the first member of the 100,000 mile club. It is not surprising that in a car driven so far in such a short time that Sparkie has driven 38.6% of the miles on electric only. The calculated MPG for Sparkie is 65.48 MPG so I am sure that this car has permitted Sparkie to avoid burning thousands of gallons of gasoline that would have been necessary using any other car on the road. And, what other car could have been as fun to drive for the past 100,000 miles?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
Fantastic milestone and a major accomplishment in the short life of the Chevy Volt. And thanks to Mike from VoltStats for having the vision to create this wonderful tool making real world data available to anyone that will look.

·
Registered
906 Posts
that kind of mileage can be racked up easily even with a commute.. I didnt look at voltstats to see where this driver lives.. but my room-mate drives from our house in the SW suburbs of columbus to the Honda plant every day for work .. a total of close to 80-100 every day.. . then just with other driving around... go out to eat, shop, socialize, visit family, friends etc.. he ends up with just about 30,000 miles per year.. (on his Honda of course..)

By the way that drive CAN be made in nice weather.. esp with a bit of traffic on the highways one way in a Volt on all Battery.. of course there's no charging facilities at a Honda plant..(maybe if the Fit EV ever made it to ohio....) in winter you'd burn a bit of gas in the volt.. esp the way he and I Like to run the Heater in our cars...
-Chrustopher

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
Great news about Sparkie, and this is a good time to mention that Voltstats.net really is kind of cool. I recommend joining to anyone who drives a Volt. I get a bit of a kick boasting about my mpg and it has already passed 250 on the car so the only way I can find an accurate number ( is there a way to do it on the display in the car? ) is to check on Voltstats. I do the "Well, I am getting 254 mpg, but I do have to use electricity too. And that costs me almost 2 cents a mile." Most of the time, people do a little mental calculation and their eyes pop wide open a couple seconds later.
Love Voltstats. Mike is doing a great job with it.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
I get a bit of a kick boasting about my mpg and it has already passed 250 on the car so the only way I can find an accurate number ( is there a way to do it on the display in the car? ) is to check on Voltstats.
You can also get your lifetime mpg number above 250 from myvolt.com. It's 250+ in the car, but you can get the actual number from the website. I'm not sure what the reasoning was there.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
You can also get your lifetime mpg number above 250 from myvolt.com. It's 250+ in the car, but you can get the actual number from the website. I'm not sure what the reasoning was there.
Even easier to get it from Volt DC App for iOS/Android.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Nothing wrong with that, as long as you have a smart phone. :)
That's no excuse. Get the BlueStacks emulator that runs Android inside of Windows or Mac and download the Volt DC app from Google Play. I used this to download OnStar RemoteLink and Volt DC so I could then convert them to run on my BlackBerry Z10.

Here's Volt DC running inside of BlueStacks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.