GM Volt Forum banner

Confirmed! MyVoltHold app can defeat ERDTT

55K views 133 replies 39 participants last post by  Lug_Nut 
Yep. I used it this morning in 11F ambient temps. Engine fired right as soon as I started the Volt, but I opened the app, connected to my OBDII, and hit "Engine Off" and poof, ERDTT stopped. About a minute later the engine fired as I was driving down the street, so I had to hit "Engine Off" a 2nd time. After that, the rest of the drive was ERDTT free.

That'a an awfully specific audience for an app to market to (2011 and 2012 owners of Chevy Volts). Good to know that there are people out there creating solutions though.
I believe this app will allow all Gen 1 owners to defeat ERDTT. But the hold mode feature is specific to 2011/2012 Volts, since 2013+ came with hold mode.

in use it on my ampera 2012 with oem holdmode: i can disabling erdtt en diggind to 16% in battery low buffer (oem 22%):cool:
Oh yeah, that too. The app can let you eek out another 0.5 kWh or so out of the battery.

Reports on Facebook are this app works to kill ERDTT on Gen 2 Volts too.

Works on my 18 Volt. I find myself having to use it until my ERDTT switch comes in, hopefully soon.

It's not perfect tho. My engine tried to start today, tho only briefly.
I've found that tapping "engine off" a few times until you get the "Auto engine off" message prevents my '12 from ever turning on the ICE. Could be different for Gen 2's though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.