GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm seriously considering a Volt and was wondering if any Condo owners in California can share their experiences with Installing a charger in their parking spot.

My parking space is in the condos garage. Thanks!

·
Registered
133 Posts
This will be interesting to see if anyone posts their experience. CA has new protection for EV chargers you can see it here http://newsletters.davis-stirling.com/Docs/sb209.pdf.

I am waiting for my condo board to discuss this - I can not afford a new Volt right now anyways so no big rush. Also, I am not pushing the new law because they tend to offer amenities and I am hoping this may be one of them. Otherwise it will surely involve some insurance rider on it and the surrounding area. $$$

Keep me posted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are working on revising the law so it specifically applies to having a charger installed in an assigned or deeded parking space. Correct, the homeowner would have to carry a $1,000,000 liability policy. I reached out to SPX as well asking if they have any experience with installations in condo garages in Californoa.

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Just as a point of information, I have a $2M liability rider on my home owners policy and it doesn't cost much. In reality there are so many different setups that one experience may not translate to another. For example, if your condo has a separate garage or parking space and you an electrical outlet for the unit then it's easy. If you're in a high rise then it's a whole different ballgame.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts