GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Since communication was apparently lost with the A/C compressor control module, and assuming there haven't been any damaged wires, it could be a blown fuse (you already checked for that), a loose connector (either power or CANbus) or the module set a 'permanent' fault code when the 12V power went below spec. By 'permanent' fault I mean one which will not clear upon reapplication if in-spec 12V power. If the latter case is what happened, the A/C compressor control module would have to be reloaded with software (along with any updates, if applicable). I wonder if you asked the dealer to specifically reload the module with the latest software, and just give you a price on that, and nothing else, how much it would cost?

I once had a front wheel drive Subaru that started making a growling noise from the rear that I thought was a rear wheel bearing going out. I took it to Subaru dealer 'A', who called back and said I would need a new rear differential and they could do it for $1000. I reminded them my car did not have a rear differential and picked up the car, took it to dealer 'B'. On the way to dealer 'B' I bought a set of two rear wheel bearings at the auto parts store for $40. When I got to dealer 'B', I asked specifically how much to install 2 new rear wheel bearings? They quoted me a price of $40 total. I had them put them in and drove off with the noise completely gone! I guess I could have saved $40 if I had just replaced the bad one, but I figured at that price it was better to replace both as the 'good' one would probably not last much longer.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts