GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi , i live in belgium , and i own a chevy volt gen1 and i am now importing a gen2 2017 , the problem is , the goverment has given me a co2 value of 143 gr/km , and that is not correct , is there anyone who has european papers wher i can read a co2 valeu that is more normal , is has to be a european paper , from an other county is ok , or an oficial paper from gm with my vin nr on it VIN-1G1RA6S53HU198635
i can go and get nr plates with this valeu , but i have to pay an big amount of anuall taxes and special polution tax because my car is verry poluting , normaly the valeu must be lower tan the volt gen1 and that one has 27gr/km
any one got any advice for me
thanks frank

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Go to www.fueleconomy.gov and look up the car. This is the US EPA's site. The EPA reports 51 grams per mile of CO2, this translates to 31.7 grams per kilometer. Of course these numbers are only applicable when you're burning gas.

When I use the EPA's "upstream" calculator, which includes the cost of preparing the fuel (electric and gas) for the car's consumption I see numbers that match what Belguim is telling you. Someone in the government is comparing Volts to VW Diesels.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Go to fgov and look up the car. This is the US EPA's site. The EPA reports 51 grams per mile of CO2, this translates to 31.7 grams per kilometer. Of course these numbers are only applicable when you're burning gas.

When I use the EPA's "upstream" calculator, which includes the cost of preparing the fuel (electric and gas) for the car's consumption I see numbers that match what Belguim is telling you. Someone in the government is comparing Volts to VW Diesels.

i know of that website and with 31,7 gr/km would make me happy , but it is not valid here , they will not accept it because it is not an official gm document with my vin nr on it it is a universal website so not ok , the only thing that will be accepted is an official GM document with my vin nr on it or a copy of european papers from a 2017 volt where they can see a co2 value on it that would maybe be accepted also

thanks for the response anyway, got any other suggestions ?

·
Registered
657 Posts
i know of that website and with 31,7 gr/km would make me happy , but it is not valid here , they will not accept it because it is not an official gm document with my vin nr on it it is a universal website so not ok , the only thing that will be accepted is an official GM document with my vin nr on it or a copy of european papers from a 2017 volt where they can see a co2 value on it that would maybe be accepted also

Maybe time to change the V to a B? (get a Bolt instead)

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

Do you have the Mulroney sticker? I believe this information is on there as well. If you don't have it, get a copy from GM's Customer Care. Explain that you aren't the original purchaser and want the paperwork that came with the car.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I just confirmed the Mulroney sticker contains the information you need.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have contacted GM , and the only answer i get is that i have to get in contact with GM europe , but here i get the answer there is no information for this car and they can not help me , maybe someone who lives in us can ask it for me , but from here in eu i can not get in contact with gm us , even the phone 0800 dont work from here
this is why i ask the question here on the forum , its like my last option i think to find a solution

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
i have contacted GM , and the only answer i get is that i have to get in contact with GM europe , but here i get the answer there is no information for this car and they can not help me , maybe someone who lives in us can ask it for me , but from here in eu i can not get in contact with gm us , even the phone 0800 dont work from here
this is why i ask the question here on the forum , its like my last option i think to find a solution
Did you ask specifically for a copy of the original Mulroney sticker? This sticker must be included in all new car sales in the US and GM can regenerate it for you. It contains everything you need - VIN and emissions information, including 51 grams / mile of CO2 production.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you ask specifically for a copy of the original Mulroney sticker? This sticker must be included in all new car sales in the US and GM can regenerate it for you. It contains everything you need - VIN and emissions information, including 51 grams / mile of CO2 production.
i did ask for it , but sinse im not registred in us , there is no support for me , i have to ask it in europa , in in europa its ,this is a us car you have to ask it in us , so i am stuck between those 2

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
i did ask for it , but sinse im not registred in us , there is no support for me , i have to ask it in europa , in in europa its ,this is a us car you have to ask it in us , so i am stuck between those 2
Get a US Post Office Box and set up the box to forward to your European address. Then give GM that US address. The root problem you're going to have is that Chevrolet pulled out of Europe in 2015 so they never shipped any Gen 2 Volts to Europe.

·
Registered
3 Posts
transamb

The CO[SUB]2[/SUB] emissions /mi is listed in the "Fuel Economy & Greenhouse Gas Rating" section (lower left) of the Munroney Sticker jpg that I attached 4 days ago. It's detailed in the sentence (light gray font) beneath the horizontal bar chart

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Teakwarrior

i can see on your sticker , but on the sticker i bought at monroneylabels .com, this info is not included , i think it is only on the original sticker where did you get yours ?

·
Registered
3 Posts
transamb

The posted sticker is not mine. I pulled it from a web site while attempting to help you in your search. Unfortunately, I'm not a Volt owner. I evaluated one in 2011, but my 6' 7" (2m) frame didn't fit. I purchased a Buick Regal Turbo instead (Vauxhall/Opel Insignia). I've been waiting for GM to expand Voltec into larger platforms, but no joy. You'll have to obtain a Monroney Sticker from a Gen 2 owner. Possibly someone reading this can help. I doubt a US dealer would take the effort to assist you. Good luck!

Link to Posted Monroney Sticker Image
https://agirlsguidetocars.com/10-new-reasons-love-2017-chevy-volt/

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
transamb

The posted sticker is not mine. I pulled it from a web site while attempting to help you in your search. Unfortunately, I'm not a Volt owner. I evaluated one in 2011, but my 6' 7" (2m) frame didn't fit. I purchased a Buick Regal Turbo instead (Vauxhall/Opel Insignia). I've been waiting for GM to expand Voltec into larger platforms, but no joy. You'll have to obtain a Monroney Sticker from a Gen 2 owner. Possibly someone reading this can help. I doubt a US dealer would take the effort to assist you. Good luck!

Link to Posted Monroney Sticker Image
https://agirlsguidetocars.com/10-new-reasons-love-2017-chevy-volt/
thanks for your help , i keep on searching

1 - 18 of 18 Posts