GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, several months ago I bought a Volt ‘15. I first noticed a problem with the car after it stayed at the airport parking lot for a week. There was a squeaky sound from the right rear side when I was backing out. It has gotten worse since then. I was looking at what maybe the cause of it - some say it could be the breaks.

However, lately a new clunky sounds have developed, again from the same side. When I get in the car, just from the weight of my body, I hear a clunk. No noises when I drive. When I stop and get out, I can hear squeaky sounds like the car is adjusting itself... If I push and shake it from the side when it’s parked, those sounds from the back are stronger. The car is at 60,000 km.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Sounds like a suspension problem. Maybe a shock absorber or sway bar bushing. Any mechanic should be able to fix those kinds of issues. No Volt technician required.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Hi,

You might want to have a look at the rear hatch. It could be rattling a little and need an adjustment.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
444 Posts
I would make sure all bolts are tight over there. Could be something as simple as a nut vibrated loose. Just grab a ratchet and set of sockets and put a little torque on each one to verify it's still tight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts