GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Whenever I power off my Volt, the display stays on for a while, all while displaying the time in the lower right corner. The time then never changes. It will sit there displaying 10:30am constantly for example, all while my phone continues to show the correct time as minutes go by.
If I power on the Volt again, it's screen immediately updates to the correct time.
I have tried going into settings, Time and Date, and checking "Automatic time and date", but it does not make a difference whether that is on or off.
Anyone know why the time would freeze after powering off the Volt? Maybe the software only synchs time from the internet, and lacks any internal code for a clock whatsoever?

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Whenever I power off my Volt, the display stays on for a while, all while displaying the time in the lower right corner. The time then never changes. It will sit there displaying 10:30am constantly for example, all while my phone continues to show the correct time as minutes go by.
If I power on the Volt again, it's screen immediately updates to the correct time.
I have tried going into settings, Time and Date, and checking "Automatic time and date", but it does not make a difference whether that is on or off.
Anyone know why the time would freeze after powering off the Volt? Maybe the software only synchs time from the internet, and lacks any internal code for a clock whatsoever?
This is one of those cases where it would be helpful to your readers if you posted the model year of your Volt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a 2019 Premier. The frozen time also seems to be random, because I noticed it was not frozen the other day.
I do have a video, where I powered off the car just as it changed minutes, and you can see it switch from 9:52 to 9:51 and back.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have had a similar experience as well. I'm not sure why.

It is a 2019 Premier. The frozen time also seems to be random, because I noticed it was not frozen the other day.
I do have a video, where I powered off the car just as it changed minutes, and you can see it switch from 9:52 to 9:51 and back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts