GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a weird thing happen today and I was wondering if anyone has had this happen to them.

I had burned up about 4-5 Kwh in the morning and was immediate charging the Volt to get ready for a trip later that day. I heard the cat soft honking and went to look and the car was no longer charging and the red "Power Fault" light was on on the LCS-25. I've had the charger about a month and it has been flawless. I went and checked the breakers and nothing was tripped or warm. I cycled the breaker just to check them, though.

Went back and the CC showed green, so it started charging again, but within a few minutes, it did the same thing. The weird thing is, as far as I could tell, the charging was done. I unplugged the CC at the receptacle and it again showed green, but like I said, it was no longer charging and the range showed 43 miles.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be going on? If it were a grounding problem, I'd think it would have faulted in the last month, but never had a problem before today.

Steve

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Can you check the voltage while you are charging? If you can't do it in the garage, check in your house at some of the 120 outlets.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Having a similar issue with my LCS-25P Clipper Creek. It just started. In garage, I will hit remote start to get things warmed up before leaving, and last two mornings, the power fault light came on and charging stopped. Car beeped several times until I hit unlock on remote. Red "power fault" light was on charger. I turned breaker off and on, that cleared light. Charged normally both times before fault showed up when pre-conditioning. I had done this before with no issue.
I presume I should start by checking all ground connections in box and panel are tight? Any other thoughts? Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Another thought: Has any new appliance or electrical work been done? Check those outlets and the circuit breakers, too.

Use any old cheap voltmeter to measure the neutral to ground voltages. They should only be a few volts. If not, and tightening outlet and breaker screws doesn't do the trick, it is time to call an electrician.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts