GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello: I have a Voltec 240 charger hard wired into my garage. I have a 30 amp breaker in my garage and another in my electric panel. I have had it since 2011 and used it daily for 3 years for my 2011 volt. I have just purchased a 2016 Volt and after throwing the breaker found that it works fine. I wanted to purchase an extra circuit board but found that impossible. I have explored many different types of chargers along with their warranties. I feel that the Clipper Creek unit will be my best option when my Voltec gives up. Clipper creek will give me a 3 year warranty no matter who installs it. They also have a array of units available along with available parts if you ever need them after the warranty is finished. Explore their website!

Big Moe

Attachments

·
Registered
6,677 Posts
What you say is true. My CC LCS-25 is going on three years old and has performed flawlessly.

And for 18 months we owned TWO Volt's it serviced.

And you forgot that they are made in the US and their customer service is second to none.

·
Registered
266 Posts
My Clipper Creek also has performed perfectly! When I installed it, there was a problem that turned out to be a grounding issue in the panel box. They spent a lot of time with me on the phone; and, even tho it wasn't a problem with their unit, they offered to send me another - just in case! You can't beat that for service.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Maybe you'll get lucky and your Voltec EVSE won't die.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Our Clipper Creek HCH 40 charger is 2 years old and we use it everyday, outside mounted as well in a very rainy northwest Oregon.
When we first purchased it the handle had something loose inside. So clipper creek sent a brand new one and a pre paid shipping label to ship the other unit back to them. Very nice company to do business with and they standby their USA made product which is the main reason I purchased as it was made in USA.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
LCS25 works like a champ but you also forgot you can extend that warranty on the product with a good CC 1 year additional many provide on the unit so it becomes a 4yr warranty.

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
I forgot about that we used our American Express card so we have an additional one year of warranty after the 3 year one expires.

·
Administrator
21,102 Posts
My Seimens Versacharger also has a 3 year warranty, as do others. It's the Bosch/SPX warranty you need to be careful of if you don't hire them to install. Like alfon, I used my warranty extending credit card to buy it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts