GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, On my 2014 Volt (bought used), the climate control will randomly get in the comfort/auto climate control. I suspect this happens when I plug in to charge. Is this a known bug? Is there a way to fix it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have noticed this on my used 2014 as well, I just chalked it up to some sort of reset that happens every so often (much like you seem to have done), after falsely accusing my fiancée of messing with it, haha. If there is a fix for it, I'd certainly like to know it.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have 2013 and this does not happen. Could be a software issue. You may want to have the dealer check out if there was and update you missed. Also search the forum. could be something on the 2014 that we have not seen yet.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
It's climate change!!! :D

There was a software update for the climate control a couple of years ago. I have no idea if it fixes this, but get it anyway if it hasn't been applied. To the best of my knowledge my 2014 doesn't do this and I had the update.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have 2013 and this does not happen. Could be a software issue. You may want to have the dealer check out if there was and update you missed. Also search the forum. could be something on the 2014 that we have not seen yet.
Thanks for the suggestion. I am wondering if these PIC* and software update done by the dealership for free, or is there a charge associated with it? Also, is there a way to list out all the current updates applied to the Volt?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. I am wondering if these PIC* and software update done by the dealership for free, or is there a charge associated with it? Also, is there a way to list out all the current updates applied to the Volt?
If I remember correctly from somewhere else within the forums, I believe I read that dealerships seemed to charge ~1 hour labour for doing the software updates, but someone who has actually gone to a dealership please weight in :confused:

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Yep, they charge unless it is bumper to bumper warranty. $125-150. I just had one done on my 2013 (different update) and it was $142 and got a slight discount down to $125

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2012 and where confused by settings changing ramomly until I noticed that some settings are memorized per key. In the config menu I could disable to memorize settings per individual key-fob and I had no problem again. This might not be your problem but was my experience.

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
I've never been charged for a software update. That's all I know about that.

When I go in the tech looks at what updates have been applied versus what is available. I've gotten additional updates I didn't know about until I went in.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Depends on the update I would guess. I have not been charged for updates related to charging or drivetrain. This is the first one I have been charged for and it was related to cabin heating.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts