GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I shut down my '16 Volt sometimes the "Eco" light stays on after powering down... it even stays lit after I open the door... but it will be off when I return to the car later on to use it again.

Anyone else have this?

Keith

·
Registered
874 Posts
When I shut down my '16 Volt sometimes the "Eco" light stays on after powering down... it even stays lit after I open the door... but it will be off when I return to the car later on to use it again.

Anyone else have this?

Keith
It does that on purpose so you can tell that it will turn onto Eco if you remote start the car. If the climate system is off, "fan only", or "MAX" when you shut the car off, remote start will put it on "MAX", but if it's on Eco, it will turn on to Eco, so they leave the light on for a little while to let you know that.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Huh, I did not know that. I must've missed that in the manual. >_<

That explains why some preconditioning needs more time to "top off" the battery. I must've forgotten to set ECO and so next time it goes to MAX by default. Thank you!

·
Registered
4,854 Posts
Tonight I decided to try turning off my 2017 Volt with the climate control set to automatic, economy. The green indicator light on the economy button did not remain on after I shut off the Volt. What am I missing?

·
Registered
874 Posts
Tonight I decided to try turning off my 2017 Volt with the climate control set to automatic, economy. The green indicator light on the economy button did not remain on after I shut off the Volt. What am I missing?
I'm not sure...mine always has. I wonder if it has something to do with being dark where the car is parked (i.e., the exit lights turn on when you open the door). I always park in a covered garage at work and at my house...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts