GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I've had my 2012 Volt for 2 weeks now (a great car at a great price!) and I LOVE it! Very happy to be driving electric and very happy to have found this forum. One quick question you all may be able to help me with. What clever ideas have you come up with for storing/hanging a trash bag in the car? I know I can buy trash bags/cans that hang on the back of the front headrests and the like, but I'd love to come up with a less obtrusive way of cantaining trash when in the car and I'm guessing some of you have figured out clever ways of doing this. Could you share your ideas?

Thanks!
Droth

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Mini-TrashCan: Volt coffee mug + small plastic bag. You can have the bags stashed at glove compartment and if you need to "clear the car" for Volt prsentation you can just throw the bag to bin and say that the coffee cup came with the car :)

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
What is the target refuse? Is it small gum wrappers, facial tissue, receipts, soda cans, water bottles?

For smaller items--paper based, not bottles or cans), just carry small dog poop bags. I just tuck it under the seat and throw away when necessary.

For larger items, use plastic grocery bags (if your city hasn't outlawed them yet). ;)

I usually don't use any bags unless I'm on a long trip. For daily refuse (bottles/cans), I'll just pull up to a gasoline station, next to the trash container on the island and toss my trash.

·
Registered
60 Posts
For daily refuse (bottles/cans), I'll just pull up to a gasoline station, next to the trash container on the island and toss my trash.
You probably pull up to a gas station way more frequently to dump stuff than to fuel up.

Love it! :D

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I love it. Dumping on Exxxon. I use a small plastic bag in the space in front of the shifter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I put my sunglasses in the pop-up tray on the dash, the spot back behind the shifter for a small tissue box (fits perfectly), and the spot in front of the shifter (next to the cup holders) for my phone.

Thanks to everyone for your ideas about trash bag locations.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I cut a piece of velcro (black to match to console) and wrap it around the column in front of the shifter and let a small plastic bag hang down on the passenger side....easy to unhook and dump, then re-attach.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts