GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this has been addressed prior, but what is the best way to clean under the hood? Everything is pretty dusty and dirty. I couldn't find a thread that talks about this.

·
Administrator
20,023 Posts
Just don't power wash, per the embossed warning on the the inverter cover.

I wipe down the engine bay weekly when I wash the car.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Since it's mostly plastic covers you're looking at under there, a damp rag will get the job done. That's what I do about once a month. I could do it more often, as the engine bay gets dirty fast, but it's only worth so much of my time. You can also use compressed air to blow all the loose bits(leaves and pine needles and the like) out of the all the hard to reach areas.

·
Banned
7,289 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I wouldn't call it a "powerwash" but I have on many occasions just used the garden hose sprayer and gave everything a good spraying. It seems to work well. On previous gas cars I think there was so much oil residue under there that the hose didn't seem to have much effect because all of the dirt was just trapped. But on our Volt and Leaf I spray out the engine bay and it clears all the dust out just fine.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all your responses...cause it's filthy. I had to do SOMETHING to clean it! :)

·
Administrator
20,023 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts