GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The city called today to tell me that my application for electric vehicle parking was ready and I can pick up the card.

Sacramento city operated parking garages are free to registered EVs. You have to complete an application and provide a copy of registration. The card must be renewed annually. About half the garages have EVSE, which are being converted to J1772 in the next two months.

So here's to commutes with no gasoline!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Nice to see a place in California that knows the Volt is an electric car with extended range!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Nice to see a place in California that knows the Volt is an electric car with extended range!
No s**t. +1

And Sacto is the Capitol of a state that doesn't. Go figure I hasten to add that there does appear to be legislation in the hopper to change that, so we live in hopes, LOL.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Help with understanding Sac City garage rules

I have a 2012 Volt and I submitted the application for the EV parking permit. When I went to pick it up I was told the Volt is a hybrid, not 100% electric, so it isn't eligible for the permit. I have a friend with a 2011 Volt who has the permit. What am I doing wrong?

Gina silver metallic Volt

·
Registered
962 Posts
Probably the only thing you did wrong was lose the lottery and have the wrong person process your form. Unless there's been a policy shift, I'd suggest just submitting the form again and hoping someone else processes it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts