GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Once again, I have to be skeptical. They say they have a working prototype and yet there is not one picture of it or it's components on their site. All the pictures there are factory Saturn photos. However there is a link to sign up for one (no doubt costing you up front money.) If this deal is real, well, bring it on and show the world. Also I own a Pontiac Solstice that is the same car as the Sky but with different sheet metal, and I got to say, there isn't a lot of room in the engine bay, tranny tunnel and trunk and rear end area for all the batteries, motors and controllers. It might work, but like I said show us the goods first and then take orders.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Can you really justify $19K for a used Sky plus another $25K for the conversion? We'd be nearing $50K for a used converted vehicle with a start-up that may not be around in a year...

By the time AMP delivers cars, there will probably be options with these price ranges. Perhaps not a roadster, but with these specs.
I guess if you can justify $109,000 for a Tesla then this seems pretty sweet. If you already have a Sky or Pontiac Solstice, then it's only $25,000 for a poor man's Tesla. I'm intrigued a little bit because I happen to own a Pontiac Solstice, but I don't live in Cincinnati and I would have to see lots more on the road, test drive and inspect the installation before I would sacrifice my car.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Are you sure Solstice is eiligible? I keep seeing Sky-this and that.
I know, they seem to only want to do Skys, but the two cars are absolutely identical under the sheet metal. I am very familiar with Kappa cars as I closely watched their development from concept to production and ended up being an early adopter when I bought car number 51. So they might only want to do Skys for some reason, but there is no reason what so ever that their conversion wouldn't fit right on a Solstice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.