GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3,689 Posts
It seems almost like a waste that he doesn't become a dealer. I mean he is going through the most difficult period. First shipment, registration, insuring, and legalization.

If anyone is thinking about getting into the electric car business I recommend you track down this guy. He already has three cars to sell. Once you have them sold you would have 4 customers lined up for maintenance revenue. You would also have the whole process figured out (and it seemed like quite a painful effort).

The small size of Hawaii also makes it an idea location. Unfortuately, people love their huge cars and trucks there and it will take gas prices going higher for significant change to happen. The biggest savings comes from the fact that the electric car does not use energy when not moving and also the benefits from stop-and-go traffic due to regenerative braking. Hawaii has more traffic jams than just about any place in America.

If you do decide to do it I recommend adding a great anti-theft device and even a GPS tracking system because crime is high in Hawaii. If you leave a bike chained to a metal pole out overnight you are likely to return to a bare frame in the morning. It's the Meth grip.

Regardless, Hawaii is ripe for change and only the extremely conservative culture is holding things back. Many people just want the island to be returned to the locals and then they can go back to living in huts along the rivers. You laugh but that's what many want. Let's face it, life on Hawaii was probably as close to paradise as you can get before coal and oil were discovered and used on Earth. I was surprised to learn that the population of Hawaii was over 300,000 strong before The Man landed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
And if history does repeat itself, remember back in the 1970's that Honda began selling cars in Hawaii a couple of years before coming to the mainland. Likely a view of things to come.

·
Registered
456 Posts
What is the followup on this, as the article is over 4 years old. Aptera is dead and gone AFAIK.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts