GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
I has only a 35 kW motor and 33 kWh battery, and I suspect it falls far short of the safety standards expected in American and European markets. In other words, closer to a Cushman type vehicle (glorified golf cart). Great for certain markets, and could possibly have a global impact, but probably irrelevant where most forum members are from.

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
I wonder how much of China's Tesla tax is going to subsidize that car. Teslas cost up to 50% more in China than in the US due to the tax rate on them.

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I figure it'll get about 100miles, and at slow urban speeds, maybe 130miles. Probably will sell well in India, then again, the Tata Nano sold miserably.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Does look like a toy car but then you could get a speeding ticket any where here including the Trans Canada Highway except for a stretch on the north part of the Island.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I have yet to find "real" interior shots. I too agree the specs are suspect and I doubt those numbers would find takers outside of very specific markets

·
Registered
2,767 Posts

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Looks like an old Australian-made Holden Commodore, rear door window's shape, wheels, and right side steering wheel, all are giveaways.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts