1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
11,416 Posts
Sales figures here are not 100% official.
Ummm.....

SAIC Baojun E100 (Shanghai Auto and General Motors)
This number might be credible since it's a half-GM car, though I have yet to see GM report on Chinese sales on their own site. As for the rest I always believe what China says. :rolleyes:

I wonder how many of these are golf carts.....

2 of the top 5 are. There's a few others, depending on how small it has to be to be called a golf cart.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
There was an interesting TV program on Knowledge Network or some such were a man and a woman go around trips in various countries, taking different routes. The man drives a clunker and the woman the latest upmarket vehicle. When they did China the man drove some dilapidated car and the woman on of the latest Chinese made SUV's. Looked like any SUV you'd see anywhere. The man stopped in at a Chinese electric car manufacturer and they looked suspiciously like a Tesla model S.

·
Registered
16,17 volt
948 Posts
Ummm.....

This number might be credible since it's a half-GM car, though I have yet to see GM report on Chinese sales on their own site. As for the rest I always believe what China says. :rolleyes:

I wonder how many of these are golf carts.....

2 of the top 5 are. There's a few others, depending on how small it has to be to be called a golf cart.
i dont think the golf clubs would fit

·
Registered
3 Posts
On my first visit to China 5 years ago I was surprised by how quiet the motor scooters were but then I realized that they were electric scooters. There were wall outlets at parking locations around town for recharging them. I traveled quietly from city to city by train at 300 kph and the cost was about 10 cents per mile traveled. Meanwhile in the USA travel times by train and my car are no better today than they were in the 1930's. Our cars are fancier which is a good thing considering how many hours we sit in them crawling along the highways.

In the USA corporate profits take priority over everything else and thank god for the feds or we would not have seat belts or airbags or ABS braking or electric vehicles in this country.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts