GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Administrator
22,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at a family function in the trendy Fulton River District area and there were Tesla's everywhere. Driving by, parked on the streets. S's, 3's, X's. Also noticed a Leaf, Ford Mach-e but just lots and lots of Tesla's. In the loop as well. Good to see EV's being seen as trendy, though I doubt my Bolt was noticed in the same light, not that I care. We love our Bolt EV.

Obviously there must be lots of garages with charge stations.

With the exception of one or two people I also noticed the pandemic is completely over in this area...

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
I see lots of Teslas in Lake Norman area of Charlotte as well. I fly every week, and in Charlotte airport I'll see one or two masks, same on the planes.

·
Registered
246 Posts
One of my kids is in Chicago and we visit, sometimes. I saw Teslas there before they showed up anywhere near me. All I could think about (honestly) is how many door dings they must get in their expensive sheet metal!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Denver has a large Tesla fleet as well. What I found interesting over the weekend is that Boulder is more Bolts and Leafs than Teslas.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
North Phoenix suburbs are rife with Teslas, quite a few Bolts as well. Scottsdale is the huge area for Teslas. lots of model Ss over there!

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
You see lots of Tesla's around here (Vancouver Island) but then our real Estate has had a 26% jump last year. Neighbor to one side paid $820,000 for a house listed at $720,000 and with never before done renos it's up to a million. Neighbor on the other side was going to sell his for $520,000 but realtor said no, list for $720,000. Sold and buyer is doing extensive 1.2 million dollar upgrades for a total of two million. Tesla's are relatively inexpensive cars comparatively. You see them all over the place, you can't turn around without one being within eyesight. Or provincial new cars sales are 14% EVs province wide but it's higher here than Vancouver and even higher on Salt Spring Island than here.

·
Registered
991 Posts
You don't see many Telas in the midwest. Then again, you don't see many $800k house. Most of those are 8 bedroom mansions. I feel poor driving my 2017 Volt compared to all these Tesla owners. It must be nice making $300K a year and living in a $800K house while driving a $100K Tesla.

·
Registered
246 Posts
You don't see many Telas in the midwest. Then again, you don't see many $800k house. Most of those are 8 bedroom mansions. I feel poor driving my 2017 Volt compared to all these Tesla owners. It must be nice making $300K a year and living in a $800K house while driving a $100K Tesla.
I have the dough, but there's no way I'd ever, in a bazillion years, pay that much money for a vehicle!
I can barely make myself pay $20k. Which is why I have the dough, I guess.

Reactions: Steverino

·
Registered
296 Posts
Not a good time just now to buy ANY car. I'm actually thinking of selling my 2018 Volt because we're going to move to NM this summer, and I will have very little need for it. It seems to have pretty good value here in CA, and it will probably stay here. Wife loves the Volt and is resisting the sale of it. I love the Volt, too, but I ride a motorcycle most of the time...

·
Registered
52 Posts
Was at a family function in the trendy Fulton River District area and there were Tesla's everywhere. Driving by, parked on the streets. S's, 3's, X's. Also noticed a Leaf, Ford Mach-e but just lots and lots of Tesla's. In the loop as well. Good to see EV's being seen as trendy, though I doubt my Bolt was noticed in the same light, not that I care. We love our Bolt EV.

Obviously there must be lots of garages with charge stations.

With the exception of one or two people I also noticed the pandemic is completely over in this area...
I live and work in the Los Angeles area. When you hit "high-tech" areas where there are lots of entertainment industry or financial businesses clustered nearby, you can see literally (and I mean that in the traditional sense of the word) dozens of Teslas in a very short period, far more than all electric vehicles from all other manufacturers combined.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Not a good time just now to buy ANY car. I'm actually thinking of selling my 2018 Volt because we're going to move to NM this summer, and I will have very little need for it. It seems to have pretty good value here in CA, and it will probably stay here. Wife loves the Volt and is resisting the sale of it. I love the Volt, too, but I ride a motorcycle most of the time...
Electric motorcycle? 😁

1 - 13 of 13 Posts