1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Interesting that they picked it for a "family" car, which is about the last thing I would think of the Volt for, but it is great to see it being recognized by many publications. It is one of those cars I could see increasing in sales for a few years as people learn about it.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
When I'm researching a new car purchase, Parents Magazine is always my go to source. <sarcasm>

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I'm researching a new car purchase, Parents Magazine is always my go to source. <sarcasm>
To be fair, Edmunds.com was also involved. They have slight credibility when it comes to cars.

"General Motors’ Chevrolet Volt made the list for Best Green Car on the list of top 10 Best Family Cars of 2016 created by Parents magazine and Edmunds.com released earlier this week."

·
Registered
322 Posts
Interesting that they picked it for a "family" car, which is about the last thing I would think of the Volt for, but it is great to see it being recognized by many publications. It is one of those cars I could see increasing in sales for a few years as people learn about it.
It is the best green car as a subset of best family cars. I'd say it fits the bill for that. It suits my family of four fine.

I don't think I even know what they're trying to say here:
The 2016 Volt electric car features a new efficient propulsion system that has a range of 400 miles but can be up to 1,000 miles between gas fill-ups with regular charging.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Same here. 4 person family is a perfect fit for the volt. And it has a great side effect of making my wife pack more efficiently.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
My family consists of 2 adults and a Husky that thinks she owns the back seats. Perfect for my FAMILY.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Funny how my mom drove me to school in her Chevrolet Chevette which was more than big enough for our family. I have a coworker that just had her first baby and traded her MDX for a Tahoe...

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny how my mom drove me to school in her Chevrolet Chevette which was more than big enough for our family. I have a coworker that just had her first baby and traded her MDX for a Tahoe...
Surprised she didn't get a minivan.
"What if we have like.....5 more kids?!"

·
Registered
349 Posts
Surprised she didn't get a minivan.
"What if we have like.....5 more kids?!"
Minivans are looked down by moms because they are seen as mom-mobiles, and God forbid a mom would ever drive a vehicle that would portray her as a mom...

Makes sense now, right?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts