GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Found these on eBay for 50% off what the dealer sells it for ($150.00): http://www.ebay.com/itm/191851604005

I made an offer for $50 and the seller accepted it. Paid $13.77 for shipping.

I installed the sports pedals today, the brake petal went on easily but the accelerator pedal was a pain in the butt to install, just make sure you use a little lubricant (soap/water) for the accelerator petal as instructed.

See attached pictures!

Just found another seller on ebay selling it for $50 with "Best Offer" accepted: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182111111665?euid=21ae5c1fbbe1494abe633c2ccbc44472&cp=1 (I checked with the seller and it is the same part number)

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL... i think this might be more fitting for the Volt:

·
Registered
1,675 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also bought a set from an eBay vendor. http://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?16248-Stainless-Steel-Pedal-Covers Fun look.

Had to laugh a bit at joe67s photo. Back in the mid-1970s I bought a mini version of one for my dads 1970 Electra high beam switch. (Back in the Old Days (tm) the high beam switch was a button on the floor.)
the accelerator petal on my volt didn't come with a rubber cover either. I would of never found out if I didn't install the sports petals.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Might as well have gone all 70s and bought this one :)

The greatest dimmer switch pedal ever!! It also tells you how old I am!

Cheers,
Tross

·
Registered
197 Posts
the accelerator petal on my volt didn't come with a rubber cover either. I would of never found out if I didn't install the sports petals.
I did the install of these pedals yesterday, only took a few minutes. My accelerator pedal didn't have a rubber cover on it either. My guess is that it was by design (for some reason), or it was a manufacturing oversight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi! Noob question ...
What does a Sports Pedal do other than give it a amazing look?
(Functionality wise...)

thX! :)

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Hi! Noob question ...
(Functionality wise...)

Nothing. They just look kewl. :)

·
Registered
197 Posts
Hi! Noob question ...
(Functionality wise...)

Doesn't add any performance, maybe more grip on the accelerator (since from the factory, mine didn't have any rubber on that pedal). It does look better, and it was a cheap upgrade (mine was about $50 shipped).

·
Registered
488 Posts
Hi! Noob question ...
(Functionality wise...)

Ions from exotic alloys in the pedals release special "s" electrons which induce resonant frequencies in Gen2's electric motor "B"... increasing output by approximately 8%. These pedals have no effect on the Gen1 Volt... due to its motors' magnets' higher levels of rare-earth metals. Bottom line?: The sport pedals make you go faster and farther.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Ions from exotic alloys in the pedals release special "s" electrons which induce resonant frequencies in Gen2's electric motor "B"... increasing output by approximately 8%. These pedals have no effect on the Gen1 Volt... due to its motors' magnets' higher levels of rare-earth metals. Bottom line?: The sport pedals make you go faster and farther.
This made my day!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I got the same GM set today. My Best Offer was $30. We settled on $38 + $8 s/h.

You are correct about the gas pedal. I should have used soapy water like you did, but I was too lazy to get back in the house so I struggled and finally got them both on (almost breaking my right pinky in the process). They look great and will most likely add tons of power. LOL

Found these on eBay for 50% off what the dealer sells it for ($150.00): http://www.ebay.com/itm/191851604005

I made an offer for $50 and the seller accepted it. Paid $13.77 for shipping.

I installed the sports pedals today, the brake petal went on easily but the accelerator pedal was a pain in the butt to install, just make sure you use a little lubricant (soap/water) for the accelerator petal as instructed.

See attached pictures!

Just found another seller on ebay selling it for $50 with "Best Offer" accepted: http://www.ebay.com/itm/182111111665?euid=21ae5c1fbbe1494abe633c2ccbc44472&cp=1 (I checked with the seller and it is the same part number)

·
Registered
132 Posts
I just found this tread. The 'Surfer Foot' pedal photo put me over the line. I too am now the proud owner of Volt Sport Pedals. This is the funniest thread on the forum. If you could not control yourself and have purchased sport pedals for your Volt, then you might want to consider a trip down to Manny, Moe, and Jack's to see if there is a lighted hood ornament or equivalent with your name on it.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Quick question: do they feel slippery when applying a wet shoe to them? I ask because they look all metal. Also, my current, naked OEM brake pedal is starting to wear on the right side so the texturing on the right edge is disappearing into a smooth piece of rubber. I'm thinking of getting sports pedals like these to cover them up and prevent a "worn" pedal look.

·
Registered
95 Posts
They look like they have identical pattern in photos, but they are different. The brake pedal's "knobs" stick out to grab your shoe sole, thereby keeping your foot planted on the pedal as it should. The gas pedal's "knobs" are placed in countersunk holes so your shoe can glide on it, as it should. (The stock brake pedal is rubber, but the gas pedal is slick plastic.)

Quick question: do they feel slippery when applying a wet shoe to them? I ask because they look all metal. Also, my current, naked OEM brake pedal is starting to wear on the right side so the texturing on the right edge is disappearing into a smooth piece of rubber. I'm thinking of getting sports pedals like these to cover them up and prevent a "worn" pedal look.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Oh, so those black dots are actually protruding? Well then, I think I'll give them a buy. Thank you!

·
Registered
95 Posts
You'll like them. Just make sure you get them cheap. Be patient and they'll show up. Best Offer ones can be negotiated well below 50 bucks. I've seen them for more than $100. That's nuts!!

Oh, so those black dots are actually protruding? Well then, I think I'll give them a buy. Thank you!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts