GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Administrator
20,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"There have been several cars that have attempted to beat the Prius at its own game over the past few years, all with varying levels of success. After a week with Chevrolet’s long-in-waiting Volt though, we think we’ve found a car that not just beats the Prius at its own game, but completely revolutionizes the way said game is played."

http://www.windingroad.com/articles/reviews/driven-2011-chevrolet-volt/

On the other hand, the author claims a 10 hr charge nets a 75% full battery in his experience, question winter handling as an unknown, and a few other quibbles.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I liked the Volt vs Prius vs TDI vs Leaf section. They do a very good job of explaining something most reviews miss. You really can't compare the cars directly. They all serve different requirements and needs.

·
Registered
716 Posts
GREAT Turn of Phrase

"... simply spanks Toyota’s wonder hatch...". Still chuckling about that line in the article! This review, more than any other I've read, captures my impressions of the Volt (#1163) in the weeks I've been driving it. I LOVE this car -- and I've seen a few jaws drop when they see what the Volt can do at a stoplight. The instant torque makes it perform like a muscle car in town, without all the noise and harshness. It feels more like driving a jet aircraft (as I would imagine it, anyway). And still getting 36 to 42 miles on a charge to boot!

Excellent read -- thanks for the link.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts