GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Nobody should submit a car review with only 550 mi. driven, especially if it's a Volt. Takes time to learn its features and bad first impressions, like driving the Volt on gas, may soften with added driving experience. ( in flat country, there should be no difference in driving comfort at freeway speeds. Rob must be coming from a top of the line Lexus) That said, I must admit that the Gen 2 engine is less smooth than I hoped for. Unlike Gen 1, engagement can, on rare occasion, be abrupt and noticeable, and there is a tingle in the wheel and gas pedal at some speeds. Minor gripe.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Not knowing who this guy on youtube is, is what is linked his shtick to appear clueless on vehicles he has already purchased!?:confused:

I guess I just don't get the humor if that is the intention...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
He is definitely warming up to the car compared to his first video. :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
"Why does it say I am not driving the car optimally? Who knows"

Ummm, anyone who looks at the screen he posted a screen shot of knows why he is middle of the road on efficiency... he actually drives the car OK, but he runs climate control (probably heat based on when he purchased and where he lives) like there is no tomorrow and drives in some hills.

I love people (new owners here included) who don't understand that the battery is like a teeny tinny gas tank. If you had a gas tank that held one gallon of fuel and the car was rated at 53 mpg you would understand that if you drove 90 mph with jack rabbit starts and the AC running full blast up a hill you may not quite reach 53 miles before running out of gas... but with an electric car this is a huge surprise and the car has a defective battery! Even people who "sort of" understand this don't realize that ALL cars loose efficiency in freezing cold conditions, and it is worse with a battery, and much worse when cabin heat is generated using battery power.

Keith

·
Registered
747 Posts
but with an electric car this is a huge surprise and the car has a defective battery!
Heh, right. That's why electric cars probably won't catch on in a big way until the batteries have enough capacity for a 400 mile range (or so) - inefficiencies are more likely to get lost in the noise.

On the other hand, because people would probably still charge their cars every day, and the cars would tell them how efficiently they are driving (unlike most ICE cars), that information would probably STILL be misinterpreted and people would complain about how much electricity it takes to drive on a cold day with the cabin heat set at 80.

·
Administrator
19,969 Posts
A Volt can sometimes be smarter than the driver :)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Just remember folks, you just can't fix stupid!!! Lol!!!

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I still don't understand the HVAC...I leave the AC on Eco, auto, 74f and its been an average 65-75f here and I still get dinged the full -5.0 for climate control...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts