[ad#post_ad]As we draw closer and closer to the Chevy Volt launch day, we might wonder if GM has an exact target date within November 2010 for the launch.

Greg Ceisel is the Volt Program Manger. I asked him whether GM will begin to ship Volts to dealers closer to November 1st or November 3Oth. "The exact date in November is about the middle of the month," he said. "There is a target date. In this program, every hour is scheduled."

Another question is exactly how many Volts GM intends to release in the 2010 calendar year.

"How many will be sold will depend on the shipping time to the dealerships and the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays," said Ceisel. "Those things will limit the number from a logistics standpoint, but I expect there will be a lot of interest for every vehicle that we can get to a dealer in 2010."

For 2011, he says "Well be ramping up production as rapidly as we can to meet demand." He notes that "the market demand will be one factor, and we intend to ramp up production to meet it. The Detroit-Hamtramck plant is a high volume plant so we are not talking thousands, we're talking tens of thousands."

When asked if GM could deliver 100,000 Volts in 2011 he said "I don’t know if we'd make that in 2011, but we'd certainly do our best to make (customers) happy."
[ad#postbottom]