GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
They also reinforced in the story that the Bolt EV will be in all 50 states (with quote from Alan Batey).

The Bolt is an important vehicle for Chevrolet and GM. Batey said Chevy is working on different ways to launch the car and interact with customers, but he said it was too early to disclose those ideas. The Bolt, unlike some EVs, will be available to buy in all 50 states.

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts
Teases and more teases...One of these days (August? September?) we will get some real Bolt news. :)

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Teases and more teases...One of these days (August? September?) we will get some real Bolt news. :)
I guess the next big information of any substance will be when the order guide is released to the dealers. I presume that will happen no later than the start of production, since GM will presumably need to build the cars they way they're ordered by the dealers.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I guess the next big information of any substance will be when the order guide is released to the dealers. I presume that will happen no later than the start of production, since GM will presumably need to build the cars they way they're ordered by the dealers.
Max DC charging power is the really important information.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
+1 when will we get the EPA rating?

·
Banned
7,289 Posts
You would figure that GM would have done media test drives by now....maybe they did, and the outlets are just waiting for the embargo to lift.
If the 1 October production start date is correct, ordering info would need to be released by next month.

·
Administrator
19,981 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
"Batey said GM and Chevy had success with the launch of the redesigned Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid electric"...Guess that depends how you define success...

Will be interesting to see how GM splits the allocation...We're already heard the first round deliveries are going to Lyft...If they are continuing with offering Lyft drivers a free Bolt in exchange for a ride quota, they wouldn't be able to build enough of them for Lyft...

Then you have Canada, the first known Gen2 Volts deliveries went to Canada...One of their dealers has a huge waiting list so GM may choose to reward them with allocation...

It was reported after first waves of Volts built, that they sit on them for a couple of weeks for ensure QA for the batteries vs immediately freighting it to dealers...If they're doing the same for the Bolt, production starts in Oct but we're unsure when in Oct...At least the first wave is going to Lyft...Might be very very slim pickings for 2016 but perhaps very early in 2017 it won't be difficult to get your hands on one...If you're wanting one, probably wise to try to get on a dealer that has a list...

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
My interest is in the crash test ratings as well.
The Gen II Volt doesn't yet have crash ratings. So this could take a while.

+1 when will we get the EPA rating?
I'm guessing September for EPA numbers. But it could be sooner

Typically the order guide goes live a minimum of 60 days before salable production (Bolt EV is already in pre-production and some units might already be salable pre-production)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Something someone said, I didn't realize, regarding the availability of the Bolt at local dealerships, which causes me to ask directly, to clarify.

Ignoring the Bolt might be available to Lyft drivers first, did I understand the local dealers need to request a Bolt if they want a Bolt in inventory?

Does this mean, for those of us living in areas where electric cars haven't made much inroads, we might not have much chance seeing a Bolt at the local dealership?

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
Ignoring the Bolt might be available to Lyft drivers first
While things are subject to change, GM has state they WILL (not might) go to Lyft first...

did I understand the local dealers need to request a Bolt if they want a Bolt in inventory?
This is nothing new, every single vehicle is ordered...I thought I heard somewhere that less than half of the Chevy dealers even sell Volts, not sure if that was true but what is true is: " Only those dealer who have agreed to have their sales staff undergo training to become certified in electric car sales will be able to carry the cars"

Bottom line, if you want one ASAP simply find a dealer who will add you to an internal waiting list and don't give it a second though...

·
2,356 Posts

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
So sign up to drive for Lyft and get an early Bolt?

The wife can get a ride from me once a week to cover my obligation to Lyft !
And make us happy, including Lyft?
Was reported specific large urban markets, San Fran, Chicago then L.A....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts