GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Can someone explain how the birds eye view backup camera works? I thought that was really neat and googled it but I couldn't find anything other than a couple of articles that mentioned it was a feature in the Bolt.

I guess they could form a picture based on the cameras on the front and rear. But how could it get a picture of the top of the car? Is that just programmed to display what the roof is supposed to look like? Or is there a camera on top somewhere -- maybe in the shark fin?

·
Registered
425 Posts
The Bolt actually got 2 awards at CES

The Bolt received "Best of the Best' award at CES in addition to Best Automotive Technology. Scroll down to the end of the awards.

Don

·
Registered
203 Posts
Can someone explain how the birds eye view backup camera works? I thought that was really neat and googled it but I couldn't find anything other than a couple of articles that mentioned it was a feature in the Bolt.

I guess they could form a picture based on the cameras on the front and rear. But how could it get a picture of the top of the car? Is that just programmed to display what the roof is supposed to look like? Or is there a camera on top somewhere -- maybe in the shark fin?
Example..http://www.amazon.com/Elecs-Parking-function-Birds-eye-Intelligent/dp/B00SH1EVHM

·
Premium Member
14,156 Posts
Best of the best is high praise from Engadget. I'm continually surprised at how well the Bolt is being received. GM has truly hit it out of the park with the Bolt. Interesting how it managed to get the right kit at the right time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts