GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Administrator
22,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More details on this mid-size crossover coming on July 18th including range estimates, horsepower and torque ratings. Pricing? The Ultium battery-based Blazer EV will go on sale in Spring 2023.

Official tease picture of the "sport performance" SS version. Does the rear side window area look a bit fussy? Maybe it's just the picture angle.

Car Wheel Tire Vehicle Grille

The Blazer will be joining the existing GM EV lineup: Bolt EV and EUV, GMC Hummer truck EV and the announced Cadillac Lyriq SUV EV, Siverado truck EV, Chevy EQuinox SUV EV.

So, Cadillac Lyriq SUV EV. deliveries start in the spring of 2023, Chevy Blazer in the spring of 2023, the Siverado truck EV in the fall of 2023 along with the Chevy EQuinox SUV EV.

What about the Cadillac Celestiq EV?

Aimed at the very high-end of the luxury market, the hand built luxury Cadillac Celestiq EV looks to be coming in 2025 and will reportedly be using the highest volume of 3D-printed parts of any GM production vehicle. Also Ultium-based, the Celestiq will use more than 100 3D-printed components, including both structural and cosmetic parts printed in polymer and metal pieces. Sales of about 400 units of this low volume botique car are expected.
As Cadillac’s future flagship sedan, Celestiq signifies a new, resurgent era for the brand, Each one will be hand-built by an amazing team of craftspeople on our historic Technical Center campus, and today’s investment announcement emphasizes our commitment to delivering a world-class Cadillac with nothing but the best in craftsmanship, design, engineering and technology.”
- Mark Reuss, GM's president

Reactions: RCB268

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
Yes, it is busy. Doesn't need that extra downward frame from an esthetics point of view.

Reactions: RCB268

·
Administrator
22,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, it is busy. Doesn't need that extra downward frame from an esthetics point of view.
Like my 2011 Volt, the roof is black as are the pillars. So perhaps it's black bodywork on the rear sides and not glass.

I see roof rails. I use the ones on my Bolt Premier several times a year with some Thule crossbars.

The charge port is in the upper part of that fender wheel scoop.

17" wheels?

·
Premium Member
2012 Volt Premium (Cyber Gray Metallic) - Stock
620 Posts
I am curious what is the towing capacity. I am hoping something like 5,000lbs, as I someday would want to travel with a small <4000lbs GVWR trailer.

·
Administrator
22,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’m talking about some non-Ultium EV’s. Bolt EV, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV. Are there any Ultium EV’s on the road right now?
You paint with a broad brush.

The Ultium-based EV batteries are not related to those examples any more than your Volt battery is. Still, as you say, "can only hope your Volt won't catch fire like the rest of them".

Your Volt also has a gas engine, There are 173,000 gas engine fires every year. So, can only hope your Volt won't catch fire like the rest of them. Extending that to new cars, "I can only hope the new 2023 Mercedes C class gas engines don't catch fire" because some other cars did seems like pointless speculation.

The Hummer EV's use Ultium batteries. Production of the Hummer EV SUT commenced on November 17, 2021. The Cadillac Lyriq is next up this year.

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet Volt, E-Flex, 193k mi
42 Posts

The Ultium-based EV batteries are not related to those examples any more than your Volt battery is. Still, as you say, "can only hope your Volt won't catch fire like the rest of them".

Your Volt also has a gas engine, There are 173,000 gas engine fires every year. So, can only hope your Volt won't catch fire like the rest of them. Extending that to new cars, "I can only hope the new 2023 Mercedes C class gas engines don't catch fire" because some other cars did seems like pointless speculation.

The Hummer EV's use Ultium batteries. Production of the Hummer EV SUT commenced on November 17, 2021. The Cadillac Lyriq is next up this year.
Fingers Crossed!

·
Administrator
22,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fingers Crossed!
Yes, I expect the batteries will be fine until presented with evidence to the contrary. And GM's been very good to me on the Bolt EV recall, so I would have no worries.

·
Registered
2013 Chevrolet Volt, E-Flex, 193k mi
42 Posts
Yes, I expect the batteries will be fine until presented with evidence to the contrary. And GM's been very good to me on the Bolt EV recall, so I would have no worries.
With the new Bolt EV battery replacement, does the new battery have a higher capacity than the original Bolt EV battery? That would be really nice for the inconvenience.

·
Administrator
22,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
With the new Bolt EV battery replacement, does the new battery have a higher capacity than the original Bolt EV battery? That would be really nice for the inconvenience.
Yup, my 2017 Bolt EV now shows 29 more miles than the old battery did. That's why I'm thrilled. Imagine GM recalling your 2013 Volt and it replacing it's battery with a new one off the battery production line for free and you get a new warranty and more miles as well. I had a 5 year old Bolt EV battery replaced with a new battery, effectively adding at least 5 more years to the Bolt's life, PLUS more range. $0 (for me). Like I said, thrilled!

Reactions: michaelnolie88

·
Registered
3,923 Posts

GM's commercial EV division (I can't remember the name) is delivering ultium based delivery vans already.

Reactions: Steverino

·
Administrator
22,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GM's commercial EV division (I can't remember the name) is delivering ultium based delivery vans already.
Yes I forgot about those BrightDrop delivery vans.

Reactions: obermd
1 - 14 of 14 Posts