GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The nationwide 20 % off Chevy sale applies to all 2016 chevrolets in stock, including 2016 volts and trucks too. Runs thru Friday Sept 8th

Dealers can get models from other dealers to get you what you want.

·
Registered
34 Posts
The nationwide 20 % off Chevy sale applies to all 2016 chevrolets in stock, including 2016 volts and trucks too. Runs thru Friday Sept 8th

Dealers can get models from other dealers to get you what you want.
I don't think it is ALL 2016. Some of the 2016 premiers weren't eligible. One dealer had two that were and two that weren't. Someone else mentioned that it was only the cars that have been on the lot the longest. Not sure if that is true or not.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
All 2016s we were told had the 20% rebate. They were going very very quickly yesterday here in the DC area. I waited too long yesterday and did not get the color and options I would have most preferred, but still got a good deal on a premier for my wife (less the driver confidence packages I wanted that I have on our other one). The salesman said GM did not have a good sales quarter last quarter so was pushing this to try to goose up their numbers. Now I have to wait for the federal rebate. With that said the premier will be net 25k, including the extended warranty we got, without that a little less than 23k. Not bad and much better than what I paid for the one I bought at the end of last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Don't know that But I know they don't let you stack any other rebates/discounts though

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
One dealer in the Portland Oregon area is offering over $11,000 off MSRP on a 2016 Premier model. $8 K from GM and $3K from them. With 0% finance for 60 months a no brainer. My wife and I are going today to find out and maybe trade our 2014 Volt in which we bought from the same dealer back in Oct. 2013.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
That's about what I got in No VA -- bought a second 16 yesterday. Add the tax rebate and a 39k msrp car is down to about 22

·
Registered
520 Posts
This is all well and good for those looking to acquire a new car, but there is an obvious flip side to all this which is that all of us who currently own a 2016 model already have undoubtedly just taken a major hit to its resale value. No biggie if you're holding on to it long term, but certainly unexpected to see such a hit on a new model/generation after only 9 months since release.

. . . And yes, I am a bit jealous having purchased sans discount last October. The only consolation for me is that there are no more green carpool stickers being issued here in CA, and the state rebate amount has now become income dependent. IMHO, both are good reasons to have bought when I did.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Don't know that But I know they don't let you stack any other rebates/discounts though

I was advised that any existing incentives and a private offer could be stacked/applied to the sale price, and there are examples of 2 to 3 k additional dealer discount here on the forum too. i suppose that is up to the dealers; if they can avoid giving an incentive will they make more money?

Dealer also advised that 20% off did not apply to leases.

Don

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
I feel your pain good2go I bought my first 16 in Dec! I got a 3k dealer discount on top of the 20% but was told by 3 different dealers that no outside other special incentives from GM or anyone else would be honored.

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
This is all well and good for those looking to acquire a new car, but there is an obvious flip side to all this which is that all of us who currently own a 2016 model already have undoubtedly just taken a major hit to its resale value. No biggie if you're holding on to it long term, but certainly unexpected to see such a hit on a new model/generation after only 9 months since release.

. . . And yes, I am a bit jealous having purchased sans discount last October. The only consolation for me is that there are no more green carpool stickers being issued here in CA, and the state rebate amount has now become income dependent. IMHO, both are good reasons to have bought when I did.
....and there's that silver lining 8^)

·
Registered
3,468 Posts

99.99% of vehicles depreciate in value and therefore a vehicle purchase is a bad investment...The Volt is not known for high resale value and at any given model year a breakthrough could happen (100 miles or range) which would further drive down the value...Cheap leases are the way to go...

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I hear you Bacardi. That is why I leased my 2013MY Volt. I have extended my lease two months because the deals seemed to be getting better. But this makes me wonder what the MSRP is going to be on the 2018MY Volt. It has to drop because there is a wide spread misconception that the Volt is a overpriced, cheaply built compact Chevy that drops dead beside the road after it goes 50 miles using electricity. Chevy has never effectively educated people on the benefits of having the genset, or on how much Volt owners love their Volts.
They can't even sell 2000 Volts in prime car selling months!

99.99% of vehicles depreciate in value and therefore a vehicle purchase is a bad investment...The Volt is not known for high resale value and at any given model year a breakthrough could happen (100 miles or range) which would further drive down the value...Cheap leases are the way to go...

·
Registered
520 Posts
Clearly that is so. I typically purchase and keep vehicles until they are well used; i.e. for at least a decade, or until they become a basket case to continue to maintain. It would just nice to know that if I ever DID have to sell one out of a "full use" cycle, the value would have held up better than this.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
I hear you Bacardi. That is why I leased my 2013MY Volt. I have extended my lease two months because the deals seemed to be getting better. But this makes me wonder what the MSRP is going to be on the 2018MY Volt. It has to drop because there is a wide spread misconception that the Volt is a overpriced, cheaply built compact Chevy that drops dead beside the road after it goes 50 miles using electricity. Chevy has never effectively educated people on the benefits of having the genset, or on how much Volt owners love their Volts.
They can't even sell 2000 Volts in prime car selling months!
Completely agree...The general perception for the Caddy ELR was it was a Volt with different exterior panels which wasn't true (and maybe had it been with a $45K price tag it could have sold better, who knows)...For the MY18 most believe it won't be out until the fall of 2017, that's still a lot of time...There's tons of possibilities to whether it improves or not, in the past it gained range and features/options...Yet now you have the Bolt out and all signs point to GM preferring a Bolt sale vs a Volt sale so if you believe that than the Volt won't get a ton of improvements...We won't know until we know...

Clearly that is so. I typically purchase and keep vehicles until they are well used; i.e. for at least a decade, or until they become a basket case to continue to maintain. It would just nice to know that if I ever DID have to sell one out of a "full use" cycle, the value would have held up better than this.
Sounds good, if you can drive a car for a decade you save so much...The way I'm wired with the YOLO mindset, I have to have to latest and greatest...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts