GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The venture arm of GM is now turning to solar car ports. On Thursday GM Ventures announced that it has invested $7.5 million into Sunlogics, a company that makes canopies covered in solar panels, which can shade parked cars, provide electric car charging infrastructure and also tap into solar power for EV charging.

Sunlogics Inc. and General Motors have collaborated and developed a solar photovoltaic canopy and charging station for the Chevrolet Volt dealers. The solar canopy and charging station designed by Sunlogics is called the Chevrolet Volt “Green Zone”. The Chevrolet Volt Green Zone gives dealers the showcase for the new Volt with the ability to solar charge the electric car under the canopy. Sunlogics Inc. is now implementing the dealer build and installation phase for the Chevrolet Volt Green Zone.

http://gigaom.com/cleantech/gm-backs-solar-car-port-maker-sunlogics/
timthumb.php.jpg

Where I need one is at the office!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Neat! And yeah, I'd like one at the office too. All in good time, I suppose.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The article doesn't make this completely clear. Is there any timeline for installation? And when saying Chevy Volt dealers, are they talking ones that take orders, or ones that actually have a demo on the lot?

·
Registered
500 Posts
The funny part is Sunlogics has set up a solar farm for the local utility in the town I grew up in - Peterborough, Ontario - of which I had no idea until I read up on them earlier today. Small world!!!

·
Administrator
20,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The article doesn't make this completely clear. Is there any timeline for installation? And when saying Chevy Volt dealers, are they talking ones that take orders, or ones that actually have a demo on the lot?
The intention would be to have one or more Volts parked under the canopy. Of course, some of the more easily confused consumers might then think they need to buy a canopy too!

1,214 Posts
Very Electrifying.....

Just want to point out that Al Serra Chevrolet in Grand Blank, Mi has a working solar ev charger. Even sports a large Chevrolet yellow Bpetie. Google Al Serra solar carport.... Sorry, posting with a Droid! Plug It Not Pump It! !!

1,214 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts