GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Two days ago, I was driving my car on the highway (~50mph), and as I was braking for a stoplight, I heard a "ding" and a Check Engine Light came on, accompanied by a message that said "Propulsion Reduced". I called OnStar, and they read the code as: P19FC "LION battery is not performing as expected", due to something about heating/cooling; service within 7 days. The OnStar rep asked if there had been any disruption in the charging, as that could possibly cause something like this. I said no, but I did unplug it early to drive it, if that is could be considered a "disruption". She didn't have any better advice for me, except to say that it might go away on its own in a couple days.

Well, she was apparently right. Yesterday evening, I turned the car on to drive home (it hadn't been charging), and the Check Engine Light was gone, and nothing seemed amiss. Is this normal? It seems a little unsettling to me. I intend to call my dealership still, but I wanted to check here as well.

·
Administrator
19,980 Posts
Have the dealer check it out, this is what warranties are for. No need to worry. Please keep us updated on what they find.

·
Registered
3,535 Posts
2017 CHEVROLET VOLT SERVICE MANUAL

Engine/Propulsion Hybrid/EV System Heating and Cooling Diagnostic Information and Procedures
DTC P19FA-P19FC

then is says "To view the rest of this document requires a subscription"

but check the 3 cooling fluid tanks any way

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Even though the CEL went away, I took it to the dealer today, and good thing: they found an issue with the battery cooler and are ordering a part to replace it. Should take 1 day. I've got a Gen1 loaner in the mean time.

Service Dept at Ted Britt Chevy of Sterling did a good job on this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts