GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Check Engine light came on Volt 2017 Gen 2..
Using OBS2 diagnostic tool it had 5 "unknown" codes: POD 3E, P25a2, Co513, Co515, Co516

Any idea where I can find info on these codes?

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Hello,
Check Engine light came on Volt 2017 Gen 2..
Using OBS2 diagnostic tool it had 5 "unknown" codes: POD 3E, P25a2, Co513, Co515, Co516

Any idea where I can find info on these codes?

Thank you.
Did you try pushing the OnStar button? They should be able to read all the codes and even email you a diagnostic report.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not finding much Googling those codes either. Might have to take it to the dealership to find out what is going on.
Yeah, I tried also with no success that's why I posted here.
Seems Chevrolet implemented their own propriety codes. Pity they don't offer a list of their unique codes.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Another option, if you really don't want to go to the dealer, is buy a VCX Nano and use the GM GDS software to diagnose it. Maybe that would give you more information on the codes. I have one and used it to update a few of the modules in the car through the SPS subscription. The subscription is not required though to use the GDS software.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another option, if you really don't want to go to the dealer, is buy a VCX Nano and use the GM GDS software to diagnose it. Maybe that would give you more information on the codes. I have one and used it to update a few of the modules in the car through the SPS subscription. The subscription is not required though to use the GDS software.
The OBD2 adapter I have is the Go Point BT1: http://gopointtech.com/product/bt1-for-apple/

would the GM GDS software work with this?
Where do I obtain the GM GDS software?

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
I don't pay the OnStar subscription. Too expensive.
I used an OBD-II scanner
You could have pushed the button. You got 5 years of OnStar free. My 2015 came with 5 years free and it transferred to me, the second owner. So I have it until 2020.

·
Registered
362 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts