GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was taking my 2014 Volt into work today. I was driving out of the neighborhood at about 25 MPH when I felt a lot more resistance and the check engine light came on. I slowed to a stop for a stop sign and the car struggled to hit 15 MPH after that. I basically had to keep tapping the accelerator to just keep a steady 8 MPH. On Star had trouble diagnosing. I went to move my volt for the tow truck and the check engine light was off so I just drove to work. I plan to take it into the dealership but any ideas?

·
Administrator
19,979 Posts
See "similar threads" below.

·
4,851 Posts
Maybe an issue with one of the transmission solenoids? The dealer should be able to pull codes if the check engine light was illuminated within the next 30 days or so, same with OnStar, even if it is off now.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer I bought it from (non-GM) stated that they pulled two codes, P0C14 and P0C15 for overheat in the hybrid system. Finally able to have a Chevy dealer look at it. They said that they saw two codes and the codes didn't reset, they drove it around a lot today and couldn't replicate the CEL, so there's nothing they can do. Is this the typical practice?

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Dealer I bought it from (non-GM) stated that they pulled two codes, P0C14 and P0C15 for overheat in the hybrid system. Finally able to have a Chevy dealer look at it. They said that they saw two codes and the codes didn't reset, they drove it around a lot today and couldn't replicate the CEL, so there's nothing they can do. Is this the typical practice?
This is find another Chevy dealership ASAP. They saw the codes and didn't bother to do anything to check the car for at least the common causes of these codes.

Question, have you looked at your engine coolant levels? If not do so immediately and bring them back to normal if they're low.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is find another Chevy dealership ASAP. They saw the codes and didn't bother to do anything to check the car for at least the common causes of these codes.

Question, have you looked at your engine coolant levels? If not do so immediately and bring them back to normal if they're low.
Yes, according to my dealer the coolant levels were fine and that's why they sent me to GM. The Chevy dealerships exact response was "it could have been anything."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts