GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Been getting the above code which according to the below thread can be caused by removing the charge cord while the charging is still Charging. This is possible and i will need a week to be sure. You would never guess this from the code title as listed below.

I brought it to the dealer (ON Sat). The customer rep said that he could do nothiing as the code was only in the history and not active. He said that "in general" if the the code goes away its not a big deal. I am wondering if he just told me that cause the volt tech was not there on sat. The important words here are "in general" which means not always.

I am charging at work now, and have sometimes unplug the 110V charger plug before removing the plug from the car. So will see this week if that is the cause. Cuase i will be carefull to remove the car Volt plug from the car first.

The title is as follows:
P1F58 VIC - VEHICLE INTEGRATION CONTROL
The Lithium-Ion Battery is not performing as expected. An issue has been detected in the Onboard Charging System which manages your vehicles battery pack charge level.

Previous thread

https://gm-volt.com/forum/showthread.php?284586-First-Problem-P1F58-CEL&highlight=P1F58

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
My understanding is there are safety circuits associated with the connection point where the EVSE is plugged into the car for recharging. These circuits are there to make sure the current does not start flowing for recharging until the connection has been established, and the current stops flowing before the connection is broken, allowing the EVSE to be removed safely from the car. This prevents arcing and helps make it safe to charge the car in wet weather, etc. Note posting #7 in your referenced thread speaks of such circuits in the handle of the EVSE.

Granted, the 2015 owner manual says only that to End Charge:
1. Unlock the vehicle with the RKE transmitter to disarm the charge cord theft alert.
2. Unplug the vehicle plug of the charge cord from the vehicle.
3. Close the charge port door by pressing firmly on the rearward edge of the door surface.
4. Unplug the charge cord from the electrical outlet.
5. Place the charge cord into the storage compartment.

If you are unplugging your car from the wall (step 4) before you unplug from the car (step 2), I suggest you stop doing it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.