GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have converted my charger using ChrisTX's adapter on here and it works great! Very happy with it, for a quote - unquote free charger. Wish it was higher amperage but it came with the car - so, I will deal with it!

Anyway, I have questions about charging... Sorry, I have ready the manual but it is just not detailed enough for me.

I setup the location based charging, so I can charge at 12 amps at home. Now that I am at L2 charging, I don't think that matters - correct?

I would also like to setup delayed charging, so I can plug in at home and charge during off peak hours at night... But if I do that, will that effect my charging a work? I mean, obviously, I want the charging at work to be instant. Is this possible?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I have converted my charger using ChrisTX's adapter on here and it works great! Very happy with it, for a quote - unquote free charger. Wish it was higher amperage but it came with the car - so, I will deal with it!

Anyway, I have questions about charging... Sorry, I have ready the manual but it is just not detailed enough for me.

I setup the location based charging, so I can charge at 12 amps at home. Now that I am at L2 charging, I don't think that matters - correct?

I would also like to setup delayed charging, so I can plug in at home and charge during off peak hours at night... But if I do that, will that effect my charging a work? I mean, obviously, I want the charging at work to be instant. Is this possible?

Thanks!
The 8/12 charge rate selection has no effect with L2. Also the delayed charging is just for your home location.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
When you are charging on L2 AC you do not need to select the amperage it will default to the max available (up to the Volt's or EVSE's max [which ever is lower]) every time.

However you can still use location based charging with L2. You can set delayed charging at home and the car will default to immediate when away from home (this is how i'm currently setup). Location based charging is not just for the L1 charge current!

Also of note if you are set to delayed charging you can make it go to immediate several ways. You can plug in the car wait for the beeps un-plug and re-plug in less than 5 seconds and the car will start charging immediately. There is also a temporary override on the charge settings screen. And you can also use the Onstar App or My Volt webpages to tell your car to start charging immediately.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts