GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I cannot switch from default 1 - 8 to charge. The button will not light up. Has this been seen before?

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Your terse description doesn't help in giving a good idea of the problem. Would you give us more details?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I shut off the car, attempt to change the charging from 1 - 8a to 12a, but it will not change. The "button" stays yellow on 1 - 8, does not switch to 12a. When I touch the 12a "button" it makes a sound like it knows it was touched, but it will not turn to yellow.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I've observed that when my infotainment system experiences a reset while I'm driving, the charging display will dim out the level button and not allow switching to 12 amps. The solution is:

1. power off the car
2. get out of the car
3. close the door
4. get back in the car
5. press the infotainment power button
6. press the leaf button to select the charging display
7. now you can set the level.

·
Registered
802 Posts
I shut off the car, attempt to change the charging from 1 - 8a to 12a, but it will not change. The "button" stays yellow on 1 - 8, does not switch to 12a. When I touch the 12a "button" it makes a sound like it knows it was touched, but it will not turn to yellow.
I usually change the charge level BEFORE I shut off the car.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the replies - it appears it did charge at the higher rate over night & today it is working fine.

·
Registered
348 Posts
hopefully you won't have any more problems with it

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks a lot for this! Had this happen to me an hour back when I left the office. When I got home, the Level button was grayed out.

Doing the below, addressed it!

*bump up*

I've observed that when my infotainment system experiences a reset while I'm driving, the charging display will dim out the level button and not allow switching to 12 amps. The solution is:

1. power off the car
2. get out of the car
3. close the door
4. get back in the car
5. press the infotainment power button
6. press the leaf button to select the charging display
7. now you can set the level.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts