GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I use the factory charger and have it adapted to charge at 12 volts - so it takes approximately 4 hours for a full charge. But when I set charge for departure time, it begins to charge far before the 4 hour time. How do I calculate my departure time setting with the charging set up I have?

Appreciate any insights

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you clarify what the problem is? Is the car fully charged when you are ready to leave or is it not? The car should figure it out for you. Most of the time I found that it would not be ready on time. It wouldn't be fully charged by my intended departure time. I had to keep adjusting my departure time earlier until the car was fully charged by my actual departure time. I eventually stopped doing it this way when I changed jobs and wasn't leaving routinely at the same time.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does completely charge by departure time. I do not understand why, if it only takes approximately 4 hours to charge, the departure time is set for 6 am, why does it start at 8 pm at night. Is it because it is the 120 plug factory charger that should take 19 hours to charge - not recognizing that I have a set up that changes it to charge on a 240 plug.

·
Registered
2011 Premium, Nav (added back-up camera! :)
523 Posts
i suspect peak/off peak setting are overriding the departure time. I doubt you adapted it to 12V BTW...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I may not have adapted it to 12. But I do choose 12 on the console, the factory 110 plug, plugs into a 110 short cord with a 220 plug on the end, I plug the 220 plug into a 240 receptacle and charge in 4+ hours.

Do you know if this over ride can be disabled?

·
Registered
2011 Premium, Nav (added back-up camera! :)
523 Posts
Make sure the peak/off peak charging is disabled. Not sure how to do it, I have never used it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts