GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Gen2 charger is showing a green LED and a flashing red LED (2 flashes-pause-2 flashes-pause-...).

The little tag that came with it indicates that it has detected a fault in the charging cable, but mine shows no external signs of damage.

Can anyone point me the right direction of what to check next? I did make the 240V plug change, but that was 6 months ago and it's been fine all this time. This thing is made by Clipper Creek.

Thanks for any help and ideas anyone has!

·
Registered
874 Posts
My Gen2 charger is showing a green LED and a flashing red LED (2 flashes-pause-2 flashes-pause-...).

The little tag that came with it indicates that it has detected a fault in the charging cable, but mine shows no external signs of damage.

Can anyone point me the right direction of what to check next? I did make the 240V plug change, but that was 6 months ago and it's been fine all this time. This thing is made by Clipper Creek.

Thanks for any help and ideas anyone has!
Just because there's no external damage doesn't necessarily mean the cable is completely okay. The charger has temperature sensors in several locations and if they stop working, it will report an issue with the cable. Additionally, it could have suffered some sort of internal connection issue that's not visible from outside. If the 240V plug change didn't involve physically modifying the charger, it may still be covered under warranty, but physical modifications to the charger void the warranty.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Are the results the same for both 120V operation and with your 240V adapter?

If they are, I'd just recommend getting it replaced, hopefully your B2B warranty is still valid as there should be absolutely no question on coverage in that case.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
IT'S FIXED! I took apart the connector and the charger (you need a set of "security" torx bits from somewhere like Harbor Freight) and tested the continuity for the four wires from end to end. They all checked out. But there is a fifth pin, one that connects a little circuit board and switch in the handle to ground. Despite a good looking crimp on this short gray wire, there was no continuity to the pin. It was hard to believe, the connection looked great. But after some wiggling and a squeeze on the crimp, the ohmmeter showed continuity. So I put it all back together and it works like a champ!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts