GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BlackBerry 10 O/S allows for sideloading of Android Apps.

However, those apps that used Google Maps APIs would not work. Thanks to the wonderful work of some CrackBerry members, there is a script to fix those troublesome apps. Here is the thread over there for more details.

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-a...ent-google-maps-api-make-maps-working-862184/

I've converted ChargePoint and Blink Network apps. I tried PlugShare, but that one is crashing on my Z30.

Here are links to download from my DropBox.

com.blinknetwork.blink_vv1.4.1.9.bar

com.coulombtech_v4.0.7.15.bar

In order to install, you will need to sideload these apps. I use a utility called DDPB.

Edit, OK I was able to get PlugShare to work. Need to also install Google Play Services.

com.xatori.Plugshare_v2.5.2.40.bar

com.google.android.gms_v1.403.4536.0.bar

If running 10.2.1 see below for the apks as sideloading is no longer necessary.

· Registered
3,133 Posts
Thanks ari_c

I'm now running an official BlackBerry OS 10.2.1 on my Z10 which no longer requires Android apps to be converted. I can now download and install Android apk files direct on the phone. I might just try to do a direct install of the apk's and see if they work (however these two apps seem to require google services so your workaround might still likely be required)

I also have the Amazon app store running on my phone. It's now a fairly seamless system.

· Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

· Registered
3,133 Posts
I'm waiting until next week for 10.2.1 for my Z30. You will still need the converted apks. I just uploaded the apks to my dropbox. I was also able to get PlugShare to work. I needed to also install Google Play Services(com.google.android.gms.apk).

ChargePoint4.0.7.apk

BlinkMobile.apk

PlugShare.apk

com.google.android.gms.apk
Awesome thanks again.

To add the Bar files will still work as well. I have all of my side loaded applications that continue to work after the update. It will just save the DDPB step to go strait to the apk's.

· Registered
3,479 Posts
good news for the voluntary Blackberry 10 users nationwide, all 37 of them.....

I know, many more are provided with z10s by their companies.... but how many of them are happy about that????

· Registered
2,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
good news for the voluntary Blackberry 10 users nationwide, all 37 of them.....

I know, many more are provided with z10s by their companies.... but how many of them are happy about that????
Count me as one of those voluntary BB10 owners. I have no complaints about my BlackBerry. I have grandfathered unlimited data and there is an interesting "hack" that can be done on Verizon that allows for free tethering/hotspot. Unlimited data along with hotspot is a wonderful thing, especially over 4G LTE. As a matter of fact, I am typing this over hotspot on my laptop via my Z30!

My biggest gripe was the fact that ChargePoint and PlugShare were not available for BB10. Well, I fixed that today!

· Registered
87 Posts
I'm waiting until next week for 10.2.1 for my Z30. You will still need the converted apks. I just uploaded the apks to my dropbox. I was also able to get PlugShare to work. I needed to also install Google Play Services(com.google.android.gms.apk).

ChargePoint4.0.7.apk

BlinkMobile.apk

PlugShare.apk

com.google.android.gms.apk
As far as I can tell Chargepoint works fine without any modification. (I installed from 1MobileMarket) but the Plugshare one will be handy. I hadn't een heard of Blink before. I will check that out as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.