GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

My local dealer and now the Chevrolet Customer Service says the charge port receptacle which is malfunctioning it says I am always connected and thus will not shift out of park or view. They claim it is not part of Voltec Warranty. A post on the forum on 6/15/2018 by Phillip J from Chevrolet Customer Svc says it is covered under the 8yr/100k mile Voltec warranty. I called service and I have asked for a callback from a Supervisor. Any other suggestions or ideas. PTDC0266.jpg

·
Registered
263 Posts
hi,

My local dealer and now the Chevrolet Customer Service says the charge port receptacle which is malfunctioning it says I am always connected and thus will not shift out of park or view. They claim it is not part of Voltec Warranty. A post on the forum on 6/15/2018 by Phillip J from Chevrolet Customer Svc says it is covered under the 8yr/100k mile Voltec warranty. I called service and I have asked for a callback from a Supervisor. Any other suggestions or ideas. View attachment 158375
How did this turn out? I am having the same issue with my dealer about the receptacle.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Gen 1 car? If they want to charge you for it look at the YouTube video and change it yourself. It's easy as heck to change. I believe that disconnecting the 12 volt battery first is recommended by some before the HV one. Personally I wouldn't be disconnecting any battery but that's just me.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Gen 1 car? If they want to charge you for it look at the YouTube video and change it yourself. It's easy as heck to change. I believe that disconnecting the 12 volt battery first is recommended by some before the HV one. Personally I wouldn't be disconnecting any battery but that's just me.

Yes. Gen 1. They did get it covered under warranty after I showed them the GM Customer Service post. Thanks!

·
Administrator
20,024 Posts
Warranties should not be this obtuse. Neither should posts that don't mention the car model year. Just sayin.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts