GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Called the dealer and they said that it has happened to other Volt owers. After doing every thing but inserting a crowbar, I tried to pry in open with my finger nails while hiting the latch switch, and it worked! At least I can get a charge before going to the dealer. They said they can adjust the latch while I wait. Thought I would pass along my temporary fix in case any of you encounter this.

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
There is a GM service bulletin on this problem. They replaced my 2011 door with 2012 parts.

When I had the problem, I found that pressing on an edge of the charge door let it pop open. I can't recall which edge.

·
Registered
5,486 Posts
Grease/oil it up once it's opened. The pin is not sliding easily and letting the door open. Happened to me too after some rain a couple weeks ago.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
I would a small suction cup ( like the ones used to replace the glass on smartphones) or to hold a radar unit to the car glass.

For this problem knowing the car year should not be an issue but try to have that information in posts.

or add the number to the location - Texas12 :) (Cherry Garcia ice cream #1 Ben and Jerry)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts