GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Try heating up a pot of water, put it on a stool or whatever just under the door, let the steam do its magic and return in about 5-mins. This is what I had to do when it was -33 yesterday.

Same here, its the a huge engineering oversight and a source of frustration. I feel that they should have recalled everything built after 2014, going back to the 2011s and added some sort of manual override. Or why don't they just remove the door? The charge-port jack is allegedly waterproof.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO PRY IT. Just makes it worse.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hello MrEnergyCzar!
I loved your youtube videos! It finally pushed me into my 2012 Volt CPO purchase!
Mine was "up to date" when I bought it apart of the CPO program.
Do you know what kind of work they did for you? My service advisor says there is no outstanding issues or recalls for my vehicles. I'm curious if the OP also had the same situation.

·
Registered
72 Posts
@ driver779. They replaced the arm assembly/actuator pieces. Now, several years later its sticking again. I just found out my kid has been pressing the charge door release on the fob and prying it open by hand. Will have to get replaced again at next oil change.
I'd be interested to see what comes of this. Keep us posted! I'm going in for a tire rotation after New Years, I'll do the same. Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.