GM Volt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Here's a picture of the charge graph from my EVSE this morning: Text Line Slope Parallel Design

Does anyone know what the little blip was at around 6:04am?

Also, what's with the little spike starting at 6:50am? (I noticed the fans running pretty strong at this point. Almost sounded like a precondition or something)

A couple of tidbits of info:
2018 Volt
Car set to delayed charging for 7:00am
I received a text from Onstar at 6:49am that charging was completed.

Thanks!

·
Registered
155 Posts
It looks like it was beginning the charging taper. I notice my 2013 does this when it's approaching full. It'll drop all the way to 1Kw for the last 10-15 minutes. Looks like it ran cell balancing towards the end of the charge and was running the battery TMS during this period. Just my guess.

I have no idea why it went higher at about 5:45 though.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! It's interesting how the text notification said the car was fully charged at 6:49 but the TMS/conditioning went on until about 6:54am.

I don't know about the blip at 6:04 either, it could be something with the EVSE or maybe even how the graph is being drawn. It does seem to happen with each charge session though. I may give EMW a call and see what they think.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
Are you using delayed charging? It could be the car doing a check on the EVSE supply to determine if how many amps and volts it will receive.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And why is there that ~400 watt baseline before the charge session?
My EVSE idles at ~4 watts.

Was that usage leftover from a previous session?
Yes, when I plugged in after I got home from work it was set to charge immediately and I didn't change it to deferred right away.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.