GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody get this when the door is clearly closed?
I even open and reshut it and I still get the error intermittently.
Probably need a new switch sensor, eh?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
I was having something like that with my Gen1. I took an aircan and blew out the "hole" where it latches and then lightly lubed it with silicone on a q-tip and the issue stopped. I think maybe if that locking pin can't seat fully it reads as "open".

·
Registered
200 Posts
I only get this message when my charge flap opens randomly on its own while driving. I suspect that I'm not shutting it tightly when I unplug in the morning.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I was having something like that with my Gen1. I took an aircan and blew out the "hole" where it latches and then lightly lubed it with silicone on a q-tip and the issue stopped. I think maybe if that locking pin can't seat fully it reads as "open".
Gen2 doesn't have a locking pin; there's just a switch that the door presses when it's closed.

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
You should still be under the bumper to bumper warranty and have loaner coverage, why not just make an service appt?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Most likely caused by shifted charge door pin sensor. If you stick your finger in the hole, you'll feel the click. Mine shifted during winter time with ice buildup (as I closed the charge door port). Didn't want to take it to the dealer (most likely will screw it up even more pulling parts out to fix it), so I used a "L" shaped pick tool nudge it a little forward, all good now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts