GM Volt Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually get a text when the vehicle has completed charging but recently it has stopped doing that.
Is that part of the on onstar package? I just have the basic and didnt' extend the other services but I can't see that option on the on start website...

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Yes, that is part of OnStar. It has also been intermittent lately, I think. In my case, when I downgraded to basic, the notifications kept coming anyway, even thought I expected them to stop. I no longer have access to the settings that would allow me to turn them on or off. I'm not sure if what my account has is just a glitch on that one account, or if they all work that way.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
It works as long as onstar is active (free basic included). I have noticed mine is intermittent as well. I only charge at home and sometimes I won't get the notification until a few hours later at work. It seems sometimes they have a bottleneck in their notification queue and they don't always get sent out immediately.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
It has never been something you could trust your life on. Just something that works most of the time but not always. I never had a need after the initial cool factor wore off.

·
Registered
907 Posts
My 3 yr full service new car plan expired in March this year, when I switched to the "Protection" plan ($200 annually). While I definitely suffered through many issues in 2014, 2015 with OnStar and RemoteLink, my notifications this year have been quite reliable. Even during the big October glitch, my service kept running with only a few hours down. I watched my overall VoltStats ranking go from 200-ish to 50-ish, as OnStar clobbered the data feed for most everyone else.

I use the OnStar notification of charge complete every day at work as a reminder to go out and move my car. (yes, understand ChargePoint can do that too, although ChargePoint is not as quick).

·
Registered
524 Posts
if you can't change settings in the app log in to your account with a browser.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I usually get a text when the vehicle has completed charging but recently it has stopped doing that.
Is that part of the on onstar package? I just have the basic and didnt' extend the other services but I can't see that option on the on start website...
I just noticed this on my Bolt as well (sorry, no more Volt for me). Last time I got a charge complete text was on Sunday. Oddly enough, I got a few text reminders to plug in my Bolt for charging when I came home late a few times this week, so texting from OnStar works. Do you (still) get text reminders to plugin your Volt? Sounds like a snafu with OnStar. I'm going to wait until Saturday before I re-enable the charge complete notification on my Bolt via the myChevrolet app.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I got the word that we needed to switch from OnStar app to MyChev app and I did that. I was still getting charge complete notifications after the change, so I figured they were coming from the new app. A few weeks later, I removed the MyChev app from my phone because I wanted it on a different phone (with a different number). So I put the MyChev app on the new phone, and put the new phone's info into the app. I still get the notices on the original phone and they don't come in on the new one. I like the notices (charge complete isn't much, but the "Hey, shouldn't your car be charging by now?" notice has saved me a few times when I was forgetful about plugging in. Am I still getting the notices from the defunct OnStar app? Can I still log into OnStar and update the phone numbers? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,590 Posts
One would think it is the same data base at onstar and the charge finished message goes to the phone not a notification via the app

Old app still working for me (Remotelink)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I actually tried it yesterday for the first time and I never got the notification by email or text. I was using the new MyChevy app and I was actually hoping it would warn me if someone disconnected the charger. I was paranoid about it since I had to use the portable charger the first night and didn't have a way to lock it or anything. I thought that since it didn't send any texts, I was ok, but then I realized I didn't get any notification that it completed the charge either. At least I can refresh the app every once in a while to check on the car.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I got more than 70 texts for completed charging, every 10-12 minutes from 9pm until 3:45am several days ago. I turned off text notification the next day and am afraid to turn it back on, the only way to stop the texts at the time was to turn off all my phones and tablets. I see on Voltstats Facebook page that I am not alone. Just got off the phone with tech support and they are oblivious to this issue.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I got more than 70 texts for completed charging, every 10-12 minutes from 9pm until 3:45am several days ago. I turned off text notification the next day and am afraid to turn it back on, the only way to stop the texts at the time was to turn off all my phones and tablets. I see on Voltstats Facebook page that I am not alone. Just got off the phone with tech support and they are oblivious to this issue.
Did you try sending STOP in response to the automated OnStar text messages?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts